10/10/11

Bleu de Chanel


I won't write much on Bleu de Chanel because there isn't much to say about it. Instead I'll summarize my experience and let you draw your own conclusions about the scent.

It hits my skin in a fizzy burst of sweet citrus notes: lemon, grapefruit, lime, and bergamot, all blended into a pleasant and heady freshness. Hints of mint, pink pepper, and jasmine accompany this accord and usher in a feeble heart of labdanum, cedar, ginger, and some kind of pink berry. I couldn't really identify that note. The drydown maintains a light eau de cologne woodiness, haloed by this fruity suggestion. 

It's sad that Chanel decided to go all fresh and generic, but then again Bleu smells rather like an old-school mentholated aftershave of some sort. It's very nice, and its quality is upper middle-shelf. Perhaps in the future I'll see a Bleu de Chanel deodorant at Marshalls and buy it. Otherwise, this fragrance and I will have a platonic relationship at best.